Since I've been doing my update process in a bunch of small fragmented and sometimes unintentionally vague status posts and polls, I decided to sit my butt down and take my time on a formal journal to address all the things on my platter.
Stardew Valley Growth Drive
So the Stardew Valley Growth Drive will follow the Growth Drive featuring Mandy and Company. As mentioned in previous polls, this will be a double elimination tournament style growth drive. This will also be the first drive where the donations will be specifically going towards something. I'm looking to use what I earn through both this drive and the rest of the Totally Spies: Mean Girls Edition drive to buy a Microsoft Surface Pro to have a way to work on my artwork outside of the house.
I've been frequently brainstorming on how to exactly make this drive work. I still haven't fully fleshed out all the details but here are the guarantees of how things will work:
- Each dollar donated earns a point.
- Donors will choose one girl from each match up in the round the points will go towards.
- The girl with the greater point total wins the round and advances through the winners bracket.
- The girl with the lower point total loses the round and gets dropped into losers bracket. Girls that lose rounds in losers bracket will be eliminated from the tournament.
- As is custom for all the growth drives I've done so far, donations of a certain amount will earn a bonus that can be given to one girl. These however have no affect on point totals, so there is a likelihood that in later rounds the smaller girl ends up the winner.
- Starting with the semi finals, each round will have 'milestones' to show the in-between growth points.
There are some details I'm still thinking over, mostly to prevent points where the drive could potentially getting stuck. One being how to get through the losers bracket. The basic run down would look like this:
- Round 1: Quarter Finals
- Round 2: Winners Semi Finals and Losers Quarter Finals
- Round 3: Losers Semi Finals. Winners of Winners Semi Finals get a bye.
- Round 4: Winners Finals and Losers Semi Finals.
- Round 5: Losers Finals. Winner of Winners Finals gets a bye.
- Round 6: Grand Finals. Goes to round 7 if Winner of Losers Finals wins.
Girls that get byes automatically get points during the round (perks of being a winner), so that things don't end up uneven. During those rounds, donors can also still give bonuses to the girls with a bye.
Like I mentioned in the most recent poll, the Patreon will undergo a sort of 'reboot' and will focus more on more NSFW stuff. I think that the results of the poll were a product of me not fully explaining how things would be broken up.
For per drawing it would only go up to $10 and allows access to everything and would look something along the lines of this:
- $1 tier - Tip Jar. Access to the WIP blog.
- $5 tier - Access to all alternates and NSFW stuff. Vote for next themes/girls.
- $10 tier - Access to all alternates and NSFW stuff. Vote for next themes/girls, votes from this tier count as two votes. Monthly request.
For monthly the tiers would be broken down into what you can access and would look something like this:
- $1 tier - Tip Jar. Access to WIP blog.
- $5 tier - Access to alternates.
- $10 tier - Access to alternates and NSFW stuff.
- $20 tier - Access to alternates and NSFW stuff. Monthly request.
So from the poll, most people liked the idea of a multiple girl dating sim. So what I had planned with the idea was that it would be similar to Summertime Saga where there was a overarching main story and the game would have small side stories involving the various girls in the game. The game would also have different scenarios on how girls would grow, such as an epidemic, one or more girls getting hit with some kind of growth catalyst, the main character becoming the catalyst and causing girls he comes in contact with to grow, or even something as basic as one of the girls working out and getting bigger. Gameplay would consist of going through the main characters day to day life similar to Summertime Saga and interacting with different girls.
How I envision the development of this playing out would be something similar to how Summertime Saga does its updates. I'll release a version 0.1 that isn't fully complete, but has a full growth scenario with one or two girls finished so the basic gameplay is there. Then each progressive update will have an additional scenario added to it.
Like I mentioned in the poll, this is a long ways out from me ever touching but I wanted to address it just so that people know what I have planned.
While I'm not quite yet at the downswing of my commissions I still want to address the future of commissions as a whole.
I might do another round of $20 commissions once I'm done with this round, heavy emphasis on 'might' as leaning more towards 'no' than I am 'yes.'
Moving forward I'll be getting them a little more organized and somewhat more formal. I'll be testing the waters with google forms to make things a little easier to track since half of my life is now on google drive. I'll also be posting up a visual guide to commissions, I've been seeing other artists do it and I don't know why I shouldn't either.
There was idea that I saw a few other artists utilize that I was thinking of picking up where I would offer a drawing that had a blank character posed out and musculature finished that anyone could purchase at a discounted rate from my normal commissions, and would be on a first-come-first-serve basis for purchase. The person purchasing can add clothes, face, background, and some misc if it can fit, but cannot change the proportions of pose of the character.